Using Library Computers | Wireless @ Grundy
Using Library Computers
There are 16 public computers with Internet access and printing capabilities.
Content filtering is enabled on three library computers.
All computers have:
- Floppy and DVD-R/RW drives
- USB drives
- Windows 7 operating system
- Microsoft Office 2013 package (with Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher)
You must make a reservation in order to use the library computers. Reservations are made in person at the library.
- All patrons must have their physical library card in order to use a computer.
- Library accounts must have less than $5 in fines and no overdue items.
- Reservations are offered in 90 minute sessions on a first come first served basis.
To make a reservation:
- Go to the Reservation Station at the Information Kiosk in the lobby area.
- Scan your library card under the scanner and then use the mouse to enter your PIN number.
- Follow the prompts to complete your reservation.
- Proceed to the assigned computer at your reservation time. Enter your library card number using the keyboard and click OK.
- The Computer Use Policy will be displayed. Please read and abide by these rules. Once you have read the policy, click on Accept.
If you are idle or the system is locked for more than 10 minutes, the computer will be logged off.
Wireless @ Grundy
The Grundy Library provides free wireless Internet access.
The wireless network is accessible from anywhere within the library as well as outside on the upper patio and in the lower park area.