The Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library is a private organization operated under the auspices of The Grundy Foundation and governed by a Board of Trustees. The Trustees reserve the right to change this Policy of accommodation without notice, and have unfettered discretion to deny any individual or organization access to the Library space, its materials, or programs if it is in the best interests of the Foundation to do so.
Use of the Grundy Library meeting rooms are primarily for Foundation sponsored programs. When available, non-profit groups, who are registered as non-profit with the IRS, may request time for educational, civic, or cultural programs which are publicly advertised and open to the public. All Foundation sponsored programs take precedence in scheduling this room.
All political and religious advocacy is prohibited.
- All programs and meetings must be held during the public business hours of the library and end 15 minutes before closing time (7:45 for evening programs)
- Groups may schedule use of a meeting room up to three months in advance and up to 12 times per year.
- Maximum capacity for the largest meeting room is 40.
- All groups using the meeting room are responsible for the room set-up and returning it to its original condition. Any damage to the meeting room and meeting room contents is the responsibility of the organizations registered as the user of the facilities and will result in cessation of privileges afforded per this Policy.
- Library audio visual equipment and library supplies are not available for program use.
- Groups and organizations must adhere to the following:
- No smoking or alcoholic beverages.
- No firearms or other weapons.
- No loud sound equipment.
- Any group causing a disturbance will be asked to leave.
- A Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance Form and a Criminal Record Check Form are required for an adult organizational leader when children less than 18 years of age are present and when Foundation staff are not involved with the program or service or present.
- The Grundy Foundation Staff reserves the right to attend any meeting room session held in its facilities.
- The legal representative of the organization or group registering to use any meeting room must be 18 years old or older, and present during the scheduled meeting room session.
- A response to each request will be made by telephone to the person making application within two business days of each request.
For additional information about using Grundy Library meeting rooms, please visit the Information Desk or call 215-788-7891 ext. 6.